Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What's For Dinner...




I am going to start a new tradition to the blog. Hopefully will make it a couple times a week. The thing is, I love to cook. Any and all things. I love to make a big dinner, a whole table full of appetizers, a truckload of desserts....anything. I also have a finicky man who pretty much likes meat and a simple carb source. Maybe some veggies. Nothing special at all. Good thing he likes desserts. At any rate, I have gotten lazy and tend to fix the man pretty much the same things over and over. So, my plan is this. A few times a week, I am going to post what is for dinner and if you feel so inclined, go ahead and comment what you are making/having for dinner. I don't care if you are married, single, having a gourmet dinner or popcorn and a glass of wine. I am just always curious what others are making. And, if you want, when you post, if you think it is something good, include your recipe or directions on making it.
So, tonight I am making:

Spicy Peach Chicken
Roasted Herb Garlic Potatoes
Green beans

For the chicken, I got a cut up chicken, discarded the skin but kept it on the bone, tossed the pieces in salt/pepper and a little garlic powder. Then, I mixed up about 2 cups of peach sauce (like applesauce only made with peaches- Trader Joe's) with several teaspoons of hot sauce. I poured the sauce over the chicken and am letting it sit while I roast the potatoes.
Next, took out about 6 large russet potatoes cut them in to cubes. Then in a glass baking dish I tossed the potatoes, a bit of olive oil, chopped garlic, and dry italian herb mix. I bake that at 425 for about 30-45 min. depending on how big the chunks of potato. Just until a bit crispy and fork tender.
Green beans, ha! I took out a can opener, opened the can of Santiam green beans, put them in a pot and am cooking. :)
After the potatoes come out of the oven, I am going to put the chicken pieces on the broiler pan and broil until done. But, am going to put the rack down lower so the peach sauce doesn't burn. I was going to bbq the chicken, but it is raining and I just don't feel like it. :)
I'll post pics when it's done.
Happy eating all!

5 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Okay, yeah, that sounds PRETTY DARN GOOD! I need to shop at Trader Joe's more. There are a couple of them near me, and I just always forget to shop there!

Can't wait to see pics of your deener!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Hey Sonigirl!! You should read my blog today for a story about leftover Italian food! :-) Ewwwww......

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love to cook! Tonight it was a lovely sirloin, pan fried with a mushroom reduction sauce, mashed potatoes with shallot butter and corn on the cob! The best part, get this, my 13 year old planned and cooked the meal. As a "right of passage" (I'm big into r's of p's) at 13 each child is responsible for planning and cooking one meal a week. I LOVE it!

Steak is not our usual fare...way too expensive. But how was I going to say no when she said she's cook?

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Tonight - My WFD is parmesan chicken and broccoli with bowtie pasta. These are both from the Kids In The Candy Store episode of Barefoot Contessa. The recipes can be found on foodnetwork.com and then do a Barefoot Contessa Search for that episode. They looked real good on the show, so I'm going to try them at home. Both look extremely easy. (I'm not gonna put the chicken on skewers.) :-) I'll email you a pic when I'm done if you want to post it. :-)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Bonnie B said...

Can i come over? That sounds great.
I'm making homemade lasagna, a salad and garlic bread. Easy and full of fat-- why do i do these things? Oh it's because I want the children to actually eat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home