Monday, May 22, 2006

The New Do...


Photography by Skylar...

Ok, wanted to add some notes about the fab haircut. First off, I loooove my hair guy now. So glad to have found him. After my 20-something Mr. Trendy at the NW boutique butchered my hair a couple years ago, I was on the search for someone just perfect. Besides, Mr. Trendy was way too cool for me. The stories he told me, even made me uncomfortable if you can believe that. I guess the reality is, I am just not 22 years old anymore. The stories of staying out all night downtown, drinking and drugging, and having sex with any man (yes, man) who is in sight was just getting a bit much for me to take. :)
So, on to the new guy. It's funny that I seem to gravitate to the guys for hair just like I do for massage. It's so weird. I am just so much more comfortable. It is hilarious to me that I find men (even the gay ones) to be less judgemental and more easygoing.
Thank God for Ross! I found him by chance at the Toni and Guy salon at the mall. EW! Getting my hair done at the mall. How UNCOOL! Well, I was desperate a couple years ago (after Mr. Trendy got canned from the trendy salon) and decided to do a "walk-in" at the mall. Well, just so happens the only person available was the salon manager. Ross, who was also the highest paid guy in the joint, became the hairdresser of my dreams. He is a tall, lanky fella of about the late 40's, early 50's range. Super nice, loves gardening, all my fav reality tv. And, as a super great bonus, he checks the computer before I come in each time so he can ask me how are the kids and what else is going on in my life. How sweet is that! And, he is so sweet that he always tries to work a little gay story in to the conversation in case I have forgotten. This most recent time was a funny little ditty about how his Mom had heard of something that most gay men should know and in a group of lots of people at his neice's wedding she said, "Hey Ross, is that true that you guys know that?"... She sounds fun. Anyway, he is fun and refreshing and doesn't do wacky experimental scissor techniques he just learned on me. He takes care of me and makes me BEAUTIFUL! Big shout out to Ross!
On a side note, I would just like to add that during the course of writing this one entry, I have had to chase a naked toddler down the hall 3, count em 3, times. We got a streaker in the making.

4 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!! Okay, you have inspired me to call and make a hair appt. As you know I can't do any layering or things of that nature to my hair, but I could definitely use a trim, and that in itself is always good!!

Great photography by Miss Skylar as well!!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Yeah, I'm inspired, too. I'm calling today to make an appointment. You're our fashion inspiration!

And you look HOT!

(Kevin even said so!) :-)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger kgmomma said...

Why, thank you ladies. I could use that kind of self image booster anytime!! :)
I really love it. It probably is my favorite haircut of all time. That Ross. Gotta love him.

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home