Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Too busy to blog???

Ok, so what happens when you have a busy life, so you start a blog to have somewhere to talk about it and let friends/family know what ur up to, but then you find yourself too busy to sit ur butt down at the computer to post anything? Whew. Apparently that is what is going on with me lately. I am too busy to blog, can't seem to get to the phone when Phil calls, barely have time to download the pictures that are the essence of the blog topic....oy! What I need is a good secretary! Anyone?
Well, since that is unlikely to happen, I am going to try and get this tapped out while the oldest and youngest are in bed and Daddy has our middle downstairs trying to run him ragged in the playroom.
Lots of fun, interesting things going on since the 1st of September. I will start off with the fun, happy news. Skylar started Kindergarten!!! Oh my goodness. I am actually just so happy for her that we haven't really had time to mourn the passing of her 'babyness'... I know it is gone. I am in just a touch of denial. And, I am going to ride that out as long as I can. So, she loves her teacher, Mrs. Hoffman, and she is doing really well being at school alllllllll day.

So, next up is the strange news. Dj got taken to the emergency room last Friday nite. I was at work happily dispatching SE precinct officers when I received a text from the man that said he was taking Dj in for a "head wound" that didn't look good. Well, SUPER! I immediately found someone to get their fanny over to take over for me (big shout out to Erica!) and off I ran, breezing past the Supervisor's with an "I'm going to the hospital, my little guy is bleeding...". Well, this Momma moves so fast, she beat Daddy and patient to the ER. I impatiently waited at the fronts doors til I saw the Explorer pull up. I jumped in saying I would park and Andre grabbed Deej and got him inside. Well, upon my return, I noticed my little cutie was not crying and, thankfully, the bleeding had stopped. Turns out, he had been jumping on Mommy and Daddy's bed while Skylar watched some Disney and he lost his footing and fell down in the crack between the end of the mattress and the footboard. On the way down, he cracked his forehead open. Nice. Well, once we got in to see the nurses and Dr., we were told he was going to need stitches, and several of them. We talked over the options and decided that the "spirited toddler" would need some kind of sedative as there was no way in all hell that he would be cooperative with someone taking needle and thread to his forehead. Well, we were sure right on that. He was twilight drugged with a sedative that made him happy but not loopy. Cooperative but not unconscious. And, he was pappoosed. And, he had his Daddy singing to him and his Momma holding his hand. That kid, who turns 2 on October 17th, held still enough to come out not looking like Frankenstein. But, he got 3 interior stitches and about 7 on the outside to close it up. So, he gets the blue thread out on Friday. I just hope we can make his baby skin happy enough with aloe and sunscreen and even mederma to keep from getting too nasty of a scar. And, I tell ya, he has NOT stopped climbing, jumping off of, and launching on or off anything in this house he can find. I think Friday will not be the last time he sees the inside of the emergency room.
I will pray everyday for his safety and for God to keep his little feet firmly planted on the ground.
**Ok, so I have been trying to post pictures to this post since I first got it up here. Alas, it is not working. Ok, so what is going on!?! I also tried to get going on a new post about the Cheetah concert and those pics won't post either. I am at my wits end!!!**

5 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Secret Mommy said...

That's a great post! (Not to mention that you squeezed in the name of my new love!!!!!!) :-)

I sure wish you'd post some pics of my nephy-pew's forehead since I didn't get to see it with blue threads!!!!!!

:-)

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Bonnie B said...

Stitches are the worst. i had to take my oldest in for stitches when she was three (she ran into a barstool), and they didn't papoose her or sedate her-- OY!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger kgkigomama said...

OMG!!!!!! Glad that didn't happen on Grandma's watch!!!! I'd have been right next to him in the ER having a heart attack!!!!!! I am still amazed that Skylar never needed stitches. She was also a climber and jumper at that age and scared me to my wits end sometimes.

But, boys will be boys and Deej is going to continue being the little daredevil for many years to come. Oh, you still have the little one to go through this stage too. ER will get to know you all on a first name basis I bet.

I am glad that he is taking so well and hopefully it won't scar too bad. But scars are lifes little reminders that you have had lots of fun in life (though a little dangerous maybe).

Finding any gray hairs yet? That comes with these "OMG, taking one to the ER" calls/texts!!! ;-D

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um......for yourself, you might want to have a sixpack of sedatives to go!!! Give DJ a big hug from JZ!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger kgkigomama said...

I have been wondering if you took pictures of the cut & stitches! I got the one you sent me after he got the stitches out. Looks like it was healing nicely.

I have been meaning to ask how the Cheetah Girls went. Did Sky love it!!!!!? I finally got a chance to see the newest movie on Disney. It was pretty cute. I don't care how old I get, I will always love Disney movies!!!

How's the whole gang doing? Yoey has come down with a really bad cold and feels awful. So I will be going there this weekend to feed him chicken soup.

I wanna get over there next week and see you all. I am having withdrawals over here from not seeing you and the kiddies!!!!!

Love ya, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home