Sunday, June 25, 2006

My little brother got married yesterday...

What a beautiful day. Skylar was the flower girl. My brother was so happy. The boys were soooo cute in their matching outfits. Erin was a gorgeous bride.
Sometimes I wonder about my life and how its all going. I am faced with "what does it all really mean" in my own head quite a lot. I sit and think about all my family and friends and wonder if we are all really happy. Well, yesterday was a shining example of what a beautiful family I have. My Dad and StepMom were there. Looking so dashing in their new wedding attire. My 91 year old Grandmother and her sister were in attendance. Erin's beautiful family from California flew in. My two gorgeous sisters were with me all day. It was a beautiful garden setting next to a serene lake. Besides it being 100 degrees yesterday and nearing on miserably hot, it was one of the most real, honest, loving examples of two young people finding each other and sharing their love with those closest to them. I am so proud of my brother. He has found a lovely girl to share his life with. And, I am so thankful to her for loving him and wanting to be a part of our family. We welcome her with open arms.





3 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Those are such great pics! I love DJ's funny face in the pic of me, Kelsey, Skylar, Christian and him. Oh! And the pic of Skylar doing a curtsey is soo beautiful, but since the skirt is so full, you can't see that she's got her legs crossed over each other and her feet look totally weird, like they're put on the wrong sides. :-)

I had such a lovely time yesterday. Thanks for putting it into such lovely words. I told K & E that if they come back through Portland at the end of their honeymoon on the way back to Eugene that they should call us and maybe we could all go to dinner or something.

Ciao, sissy!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger kgkigomama said...

Such a wonderful and exciting time in their lives. Congrats to the newlyweds. Everyone looked beautiful. Great pics of everyone. Skylar,as always, was beaming and beautiful. Those boys couldn't have been cuter. Everyone in the pics looked so happy (despite the hot weather). Tell K&E congrats for me when you talk to them again.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger kgmomma said...

OMG, kigogal. I thought the same thing about her curtsey and how funny her feet were. :)
I gotta add some more pics. I got a cuple more cute ones. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home