Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ever spend $288 on a waterslide?


Well, I have. It is non-stop summer time fun. (Sense sarcasm here.) Too bad it's a little ouch on the pocketbook. But, my other half (who thinks it only cost $200) says it is money well spent and will be fun for many summers to come. We will just have to find an enormous rubbermaid to pack it into and a cozy spot in the garage to store all winter. But, I am assured that next summer when we unpack it, we will be so glad we have it. Mmmmm, I can't wait to be convinced of this. I guess my buyer's remorse will be with me for another summer or two until I decide it was really worth it.
At any rate, my little 5 year old (going on 15) was full of wonder and love today. As we were driving to the gym, she looked out the back of the minivan and exclaimed, "It sure is a beautiful summer day Mommy. The grass is green, the sun is shining, the flowers are smiling...". I took a peek at her thru the rearview mirror and saw the sweetest smile as she gazed out the window. I guess my sister was right, the NW is a beautiful place to live and should be appreciated at all times. Too bad all I have been thinking about lately are the coming cooler months and all the cooking and baking I want to do when it is not so freakin' hot and unreasonable to turn on the oven weather.
Off to take the princess to tae kwon do. Which I think will be good for her today since Deej just smacked her in the head with an Incredible Hulk Hand and she forgot to "high block"...

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Secret Mommy said...

That's funny. The older he gets, the more she'll need to remember her "high block." :-)

I'm sure you'll need to also invest in a hundred dollars worth of patching materials, cause that slide is definitely going to get some use. :-)

Enjoy, sister!!!!!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger kgkigomama said...

You mean to tell me that Bshp hasn't gnawed it ragged yet? Oh, that's right, he only gnaws on things that are moving...like wheels on Barbie Jeeps and bicycles.

How sweet that little girl is!!! She comes up with things sometimes that just make you go "AWWW". She seems so much older than her years sometimes. She comes up with things that I wouldn't even expect a 15 year old to think of.

I sure hope she gets faster with those "high blocks". I have experienced some of Deej's punches and for such a little guy...HE HURTS YA!!!!!!! Gonna be a big, strong boy when he grows up, for sure. Hmm, there's no gonna be for the strong part...he's already that!!! Love ya, Mama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home