Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ear infections...

Argh. So, little man has an ear infection. Has to take the smelly, foul tasting pink medicine that you keep in the fridge. But, wouldn't you know it.... the kid loves the stuff. Was sucking it out of the dispenser faster than I could squeeze it in there. :) He's a strange kid.
Now, baby has a honking type cough that is reminiscent of when the dog had kennel cough. That can't be good. Currently waiting for the nurse at his dr. to give us a call back and see if we should come in. He only "honks" when he is crying...doesn't seem to have a problem the rest of the time. Weird.
And, for my final dramatic child. Big girl tried her hand at swallowing a pill for the first time and reacted much like my older sister in her equally dramatic youth. Cried, yelled, didn't swallow the darn thing... and eventually threw up. Wow. All this drama occurred before I had the good sense to try the pill in the jam Grammy Wallace trick. So, must save that for another day..
All this before 10 am! Hopefully the rest of the day will prove less exciting. Trying to talk my man into staying home with me. Have family day. Yay.

2 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Hey! I was never a drama queen! (Okay, I did spend a lot of time in hysterics over having to swallow pills, but that IS a story for another day.) :-)

I remember that Grammy also frequently tried (in addition to the jam...) a spoon-full of ice cream with the pill shoved inside, a spoon-full of applesauce with the pill in the middle, and a spoon-full of pudding. One thing you should try since Ky-Lah loves Lemon Yogurt is a spoon-full of that. Love ya, sis!!!!!!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger kgkigomama said...

You must be reading my mind again. I have been thinking of you all for a couple of weeks now and trying to find time to call or come by. Gotta see those grandbabies and you. Miss you all!!! Yes, pills were your seesters big drama...hee hee. Let's see, can I tell some on you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home